Victoria Memorial Hall: Kolkata
Gate luh dawn bula intarah chuan ti hian a in ziak a :
Victoria Memorial hall, Kolkata was conceived in 1901 by Lord Curzon, Viceroy of India (1899 – 1905 ) in memory of Queen Victoria. He started collecting objects of interest having bearings on Indian History. Sir William Emerson was the architect of this magnificent building . The foundation stone of the building was laid on Jan 4, 1906 by the Prince of Wales, George V; who subsequently revisited India 1911 as King-Emperor.
Major construction was completed in 1921 and the Museum was open for public viewing in the same year. The cupalos on four side were, however, added in 1934 – 35. The museum within this imposing structure has priceless collections of paintings, aquatints, documents, sculptures, busts, arms & armuors etc. It is surrounded by a beautiful garden with water bodies.
Victoria memorial Hall hian White House te pawh a ang deuh! A pui khawp mai. Kolkata tlawh chuan, tlawh hmaih loh turte zing ami ani. Luh man hi, Indian tan Rs 40/- niin hnamdang tan Rs 60/- ni tain ka hria.